【招生】芝加哥大学Tian Li老师组博/硕/博后/实习

[复制链接]
楼主

ccchengff [离线]

ccchengff

2.2一般站友

发帖数:14 原创分:0
<ASCIIArt> 1楼

芝加哥大学的Tian Li老师招生(2024 Fall),Tian Li老师是北大校友,今年PhD毕业于CMU,research成果累累,人非常nice非常靠谱

===== 详细信息 =====

About me

My name is Tian Li. I received my PhD in Computer Science at Carnegie Mellon University in August 2023. I got my undergraduate degrees in CS and Economics at Peking University in 2018. I will be joining the University of Chicago CS Department (and Data Science Institute) as an Assistant Professor starting summer 2024. My research is generally around (algorithmic approaches for):- distributed/robust/private/convex optimization

- federated and collaborative learning

- trustworthy (fair/robust/private) machine learning in different contexts

I care about a nice balance between theory and practice. A minimum requirement of each project is to provide useful insights for experts in the community.

Personal website to know more about my research: https://www.cs.cmu.edu/~litian/ 

I have 1~3 PhD/Postdoc openings as well as some research internship positions available (official start date is 2024 Fall for PhD students). If you are interested, feel free to drop me an email at litian@cs.cmu.edu or litian@uchicago.edu, and apply through the official system (for PhD applicants).

What I can provide:- world-class training to be a good researcher

- exceptional environments and enough freedom for you to focus on your interests 

- comprehensive support for career development, including but not limited to travel support, collaboration with top researchers in academic and industry, job search help, and nominating for different kinds of awards/honors

What I expect from you:- strong technical background with solid coding/maths skills in related areas

- good communication skills

- being motivated, curious, honest, and passionate

What I DON’T need:- exact alignment of research interests

- not-so-useful statistics such as the number of papers, GPA, etc

Why UChicago- Top private university with lots of resources

- Top and fast-growing CS department and Data Science institute (this year's hiring: https://cs.uchicago.edu/news/uchicago-cs-to-welcome-nine-new-faculty-members-over-the-next-two-academic-years/)

- Great AI/ML communities involving the Stats Department, Business School, departments of other sciences, Argonne National Lab, TTIC, and Northwestern

最后修改于2023-08-31 16:11:13
  • 发表于2023-08-31 13:19:56

HaoranLuo [离线]

Haoran Luo

2.7一般站友

发帖数:84 原创分:0
<ASCIIArt> 2楼

顶一下

ccchengff (ccchengff) 在 ta 的帖子中提到:

芝加哥大学的Tian Li老师招生(2024 Fall),Tian Li老师是北大校友,今年PhD毕业于CMU,research成果累累,人非常nice非常靠谱

===== 详细信息 =====

About me

……

发表于2023-09-11 12:29:15
返回本版
/ 1
跳转

请您先 登录 再进行发帖

快速回复楼主
标题
建议:≤ 24个字
签名档