The Broad College of Business at Michigan State University invites applications for the Ph.D. program in INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY MANAGEMENT. Preference is given to candidates with backgrounds and research interests in data-driven statistical methodologies and applications in business analytics.
1. A bachelor’s degree in maths, stats, CS, ECE, physics or other related majors;
2. Six months of coding/modeling experience in R or Python.
1. A master's degree in related fields;
2. Knowledge of Bayesian statistics is a huge plus;
3. Capability of auto-optimization tools, like PyTorch and TensorFlow.
See https://broad.msu.edu/phd/information-technology-management/ for more detail.
Pursuing a Ph.D. degree in a business school is one of the most profitable arbitrage opportunities in academia; finding an academic job in related fields is arguably the easiest among all majors, and the payment is two times as high as those of science and engineering majors. See https://zhuanlan.zhihu.com/p/87986739 for more detail.
Interested applicants send their CV to Dr. Quan Zhang (email@example.com).